- to educate the public about the history of Henrietta, New York
- to encourage community interest in the town's history
- to collect, preserve, and exhibit artifacts, writings, and historical items
- to conduct and collect oral histories from town residents
- to serve the educational and cultural needs of Henrietta, New York
We Need Your Help! Please sign our Petition.
As many of you have heard there is a proposal to build a Dollar General in the Historic Hamlet of West Henrietta, between the 1834 Greek Revival and what was Henry D. Halloran Sons Funeral Home, with the driveway exiting onto West Henrietta Road.
This is NOT the Cartwright Inn property. We feel this commercial property would adversely impact the character and history of this unique hamlet.
For anyone willing to help gather names please contact us for further information.
Petition to oppose the location of a Dollar General in the Hamlet of West Henrietta
This months story is:
written by Melanie Nelson, the
5th G-Granddaughter of Henry & Kesiah (Post) Chapman. Henry built, in 1821, the first hotel in the West Henrietta Hamlet at the corner of
West Henrietta and Erie Station Roads.
Read the story, click here